The WIN program assists participants with their employment goals through a combination of group workshops and one-on-one sessions delivered over six months. Topics are tailored to clients living with mental health issues and include workplace accommodation, disclosure, stress management and job maintenance. The program also offers employment supports such as career exploration, resume writing, job search techniques and interview skills.
Partners: Michael Garron Hospital Outpatient Mental Health Services
Reach: Michael Garron Hospital’s Community Outreach Services
Alternatives: The East York Mental Health Counselling Services Agency, Reconnect Mental Health Services and The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
This is a part-time, six-month cohort program. We offer two sessions per year: January – June (applications close on December 1st) and July – December (applications close on June 1st).
- Age 21+
- Working toward recovery of mental health and receiving regular therapeutic/counselling support
- Looking for paid employment and available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Eligible to work in Canada with SIN
- English fluency minimum LINC Level Six
- Has stable housing and a phone number where they can be reached
- Has capacity to work in groups
- Able to attend WIN program workshops three times per week (10 hours per week)
- Has basic computer skills and access to a computer with internet, camera, mic, speakers
- Able to start employment within the next six months
- Functions well in everyday life (stress management, time management, daily tasks, professional presentation/hygiene/communication skills etc.)