Delivered by George Brown College in partnership with WoodGreen, the Industrial Mechanic Millwright Pre-Apprenticeship Program is a free training program that enables students to develop skills related to the Industrial Mechanic Millwright (433A) trade.
The work of a millwright involves installing, maintaining, diagnosing and repairing industrial machines. Millwrights work on pumps, compressors, conveyors, turbines, monorails, extruders and mining equipment using a combination of hand and power tools, including welding equipment.
Following the training component, WoodGreen supports participants to connect with employers and secure their work placement.
Students will learn:
- Industry techniques in maintaining and repairing factory equipment & automated systems
- Theory and practice of machine fabrication & repair
- Maintenance needs of the manufacturing & production industry
- Measurements, mathematics, blueprint interpretation
- Program content is based on input from the industry and George Brown College’s Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies
- Employment readiness services are provided by WoodGreen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested applicants will be assessed for English and Math skills (Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent)
- Applicants must have a current resume and be able to demonstrate interest and suitability to both training and employment in the millwright trade
- Must be able to work in Ontario
- Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen
- Must be able to commit to 32 weeks of training
- Must have access to a computer and internet
Please complete the online registration form here.