The Newcomer Women Entrepreneurship Program (NWEP) is a free training and counselling program for newcomer women who are interested in learning and developing entrepreneurial skills to start a business. The program equips participants with basic business start-up skills and knowledge related to launching and growing a small business in Toronto. The program will also connect newcomer women with a community of small business owners, as well as guiding the entrepreneurs to available resources for Startup and small businesses.
The NWEP training program includes workshops on topics such as:
- Creating a personalized action plan to launch a business.
- Developing your idea and business plan
- Learn how to register a business in Ontario
- Create and practice your business pitch
- Gain entrepreneurial knowledge – including budgeting and marketing
- Learn how to discover you consumers and develop a business model tailored to your business
- Network with other entrepreneurs
- Learn about resources, services, and funding opportunities for entrepreneurs
The program is delivered via one-on-one self-employment counselling sessions, where women can ask questions and receive guidance on their business plans and ideas. Additionally, entrepreneurs will receive the following services throughout or at the end of the program:
- Referrals to other community and settlement services
- A PowerPoint Template for your pitch deck
- A step-by-step video guide to Registering Your Business Name as a Sole-Proprietor
- Self-employment resources and more.