The Youth Job Connection Summer program supports youth facing life challenges to make informed educational and career planning decisions. Designed for youth aged 15 – 18 who are currently in school and seeking summer employment, the program offers 20 hours of paid pre-employment training to improve life skills and job readiness. Once training has been completed, students are assisted in finding paid summer employment for up to 8 weeks, or part-time employment throughout the school year for up to 6 months.
- Summer employment planning: Participants clarify their career goals and develop a plan to find summer employment.
- Paid pre-employment workshops: Participants complete a minimum of 20 hours of training to prepare them for their summer work placements.
- Job matching, placement and incentives: Participants are matched with summer job placements (up to 8 weeks). They may also work up to 10 hours per week during the school year (evenings and weekends) for a maximum of 6 months.
- Education and work transition support: Participants receive information about part-time or seasonal employment, in addition to career exploration support focused on their long-term employment goals.
- Age 15 – 18 at time of registration
- High school students intending to stay in/return to high school or access post-secondary education after their job placement
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Residing in Ontario
- Additional criteria will be assessed by program staff
Please contact us to register.