WoodGreen and George Brown College have come together to create a training program specifically designed to address the challenges faced by Women in Trades. The CNC/Precision Machining Program offered at George Brown College is a skills-based employment program to prepare participants for entry-level work in the manufacturing sector.
Established in partnership with employers committed to providing a friendlier and more equitable space for women, participants will receive financial support to help pay for transportation, clothing and safety equipment while completing the program.
The program includes in-person and online courses such as:
- 2D Mastercam and Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Intermediate CNC
- Introduction to Machining
- Engineering Drawing
- Introduction to Mechanical CAD
At the same time as participants complete their skills training, WoodGreen will provide support and guidance to obtain employment and opportunities to attend guest lectures to hear success stories and experiences from women working in trades.
After completion of both CNC / Precision Machining Skills Training and WoodGreen Employability Skills Training, participants will apply their knowledge and skills in an eight-week paid job placement.
- GBC CNC/Precision Machining Training (September 12 – December 16, 2022)
- WoodGreen Employability Skills Training (September 19 – December 9, 2022)
- Paid Job Placement (January 9 – February 28, 2023)
- GBC CNC/Precision Machining Training – In-person & Online
- WoodGreen Employability Skills Training – Online
- Paid Job Placement – In-person