WoodGreen’s Walk-in Counselling service provides free, single-session counselling to address a wide range of concerns, such as anxiety, depression, anger management and difficulties with work, school or relationships. We work with clients to identify their most pressing issue and discuss strategies that can lead to positive change. We are looking for professionally trained volunteer therapists to join our team. This is an opportunity for recent graduates to continue to hone their clinical skills.
- Work in partnership with a team of mental health professionals in a dynamic and supportive environment
- Provide one-on-one counselling sessions for a diverse client population, with supervision from clinicians and peers
What You Bring to the Team:
- Professionally trained therapist with a completed clinical graduate degree (MSW, M.Ed., M.A. Couns. Psych.)
- Registered with a provincial regulatory college (OCSWSSW, CRPO, CPO)
- Relevant psycho-social counselling experience
- Strong theoretical knowledge and clinical skills
- A keen interest in working within a brief, competency-based, collaborative framework
- Fluent in English
- There is a comprehensive screening and training program for all therapists prior to beginning this volunteer role.
- Orientation to WoodGreen’s programs, policies and procedures
- Walk-in Counselling is open Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Volunteers are expected to commit to at least one shift per month over a 12-month period
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- (2) References check
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.