WoodGreen’s Seniors’ Care and Wellness team is here to support seniors so they can thrive at home with dignity and independence. Our Meals on Wheels program strives to increase food security and promote the social well-being of seniors and adults with disabilities. We are seeking a volunteer runner to deliver nutritious hot and frozen meals to clients in the community.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Meals on Wheels runner, drivers will transport meals from the dispatch location to designated homes on their assigned route
- Volunteers are expected to remain in their vehicle while runners deliver meals in order to avoid issues with parking
What You Bring to the Team:
- Sensitive to the needs of older adults experiencing social isolation or living with disabilities
- Professional, patient and compassionate, with a desire to help older adults
- Effective communication and active listening skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and build strong working relationships
- Must have access to a vehicle and valid G2 or G license
- The program runs Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Volunteers must choose 1 or 2 days per week and commit to those shifts
- At least one shift (2 hours) per week
- 3-month minimum commitment
- Staff support and training will take place at 1430-A Gerrard St. E.
- Meals are dispatched from Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital (1 Bridgepoint Dr.)
- Orientation to WoodGreen’s programs, policies, and procedures
- Training on falls prevention
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Online Background check
- (2) References check