WoodGreen assists employers seeking to invest in their workforce through the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (C-OJG), a government program that reimburses part of the cost of training for new and/or existing employees. The objectives of the program are to encourage job creation and workforce development, improve job performance, and support skill development and advancement opportunities. WoodGreen’s experienced team provides guidance to facilitate the application process.
- The C-OJG supports eligible training costs up to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee.
- The grant covers up to 1/2 of direct training costs for large employers, and 5/6 for small employers.
- Employers are free to select the employees to be trained, the type of training and the training provider. Training must be delivered by an eligible training provider.
- While all applications will be considered, funding is not guaranteed.
Eligible training expenses:
- Tuition and related fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials
- Travel costs
- Mandatory student fees
- Identifying skills gaps and the type of training required
- Identifying individuals to be trained
- Providing a conditional job offer (or committing to job availability) for new employees upon completion of training
- Paying the full cost of training upfront
In order to be eligible for C-OJG funding, the training selected by the employer must be:
- Less than one year in duration
- Offered in Ontario by an eligible third-party trainer
- Scheduled to begin after the C-OJG application is approved
- Designed for and directed to employees
- Training that is not required by law, regulation or policy
- Additionally, the funding is not applicable to apprenticeship training
Please contact us to register. The C-OJG employer application form can be found here: