This position is open to start in Fall 2023 (between October 2023 and December 2023)
- Work closely with our ROP team.
- Assisting with developing culturally responsive activities, program planning, facilitation and interacting directly with youth in our programs.
- You will gain hands-on experience in curriculum implementation, youth mentorship and will strengthen your skills in leading workshops for youth via our ROP and drop-in programming.
- In addition, you will become familiar with internal resources and referral points for holistic care in areas such as justice, mental health and wellness, the arts, employment, academic achievement and more.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Currently post secondary students only (colleges & universities)
- Able to identify with members of the African Diaspora
- Firm understanding of experiences that Black youth face in Toronto
- Friendly, approachable / able to build meaningful relationships with youth, fellow placement students and ROP staff
- Strong interest in/or pre-existing knowledge of Black identity, history and culture
- Able to act as a mentor and create safer spaces for youth engagement
- Interest/experience in program planning and facilitation
- Able to apply anti-oppressive practices in all aspects of engagement
- Team player, able to follow directions and use sound judgment
- 15 hours a week.
- Students must be available 1-2 evenings per weekly as programming occurs during afterschool hours.
- 3-month minimum commitment
- Fall 2023 & Winter 2024
Number of Openings: 3
- 815 Danforth Ave. and Scarborough center area (multiple locations in Kennedy/Lawrence area)
- The Volunteer & Student Services provides orientation training and other career development opportunities
- Cover letter and Resume
- Online Application
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- 2 References
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.