Aging is a journey that requires thoughtful and careful planning. Our Senior’s Care and Wellness team is here to support seniors so they can thrive at home with dignity and independence. With programs like Meals on Wheels, Friendly Visiting, Home Support and our Senior’s Active Living Centers, WoodGreen strives to promote the social well-being of seniors in our community.
Drivers and runners with Meals on Wheels, make a difference in the community, One Meal at a Time!
- Accompany the volunteer driver on assigned meal delivery routes
- Load meals into the vehicle at the dispatch point
- Deliver meals according to special diets and instructions
- Provide at-home security and wellness checks
What You Bring to the Team:
- Sensitive to the needs of older adults experiencing social isolation or living with disabilities
- Professional, patient and compassionate, with a desire to help older adults
- Effective communication and active listening skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and build strong working relationships
- The program runs Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Volunteers must choose 1 or 2 days per week and commit to those shifts
- At least one shift (2 hours) per week
- 3-month minimum commitment
- Staff support and training will take place at 1430-A Gerrard St. E.
- Meals are dispatched from Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital (1 Bridgepoint Dr.): Meal Distribution is across East Toronto, within the boundaries of Don Valley Parkway to West Victoria Park and Danforth South to Easter Avenue, Routes coordination and assignment is flexible.
- The Volunteer Services provided orientation opportunities via special events and through an online Learning platform
- Training on falls prevention
- Program specific directions are provided
- Online Background check
- (2) References check
- COVID Vaccination Receipt
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.