WoodGreen’s Seniors’ Care and Wellness team supports the health and independence of seniors in the community. Our Friendly Caller program offers connection and companionship to seniors through weekly phone calls. We are seeking caring, compassionate and reliable individuals to join our team of volunteers.
- Provide weekly phone calls and supportive listening to seniors experiencing social isolation.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Good communication skills
- Friendly personality
- Able to initiate and carry on a conversation
- Consistently reliable
- Flexible scheduling depending on client and volunteer availability
- 10- to 20-minute phone call once a week
- 3-month minimum commitment
- Home based
- Online Background check
- (2) References check
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.