Metal Fabricator/Tig welder
Pay Rate: $28/hour
About the Job
- Stainless steel Tig welding and grinding experience
- Applying knowledge of machine shop procedures, machine tool setup and operating techniques, and production machining methods.
- Experience and knowledge in metal fabrication and equipments including the following: Lincoln/Miller Tig welder, Vertical milling machine, Metal lathe, Metal cutting bandsaw, Ercolina tube bender.
- Read and interpret welding drawings, specifications, examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine and weld parts as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel to resolve custom machining or assembly issues.
- Communicate with Quality Control team members ensuring highest level of standards are met.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment, to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Knowledge of CNC machining and programming experience.
- Other duties may be assigned.