With a rich history spanning more than 80 years, WoodGreen is one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. Together we help people find safe, affordable housing, seniors live independently, internationally-trained professionals enter the job market, parents access childcare, children and youth access after-school programs, newcomers settle in to Canadian life, homeless and marginalized people get off the streets, youth find meaningful employment and training and provide a wide range of mental health supports.
- WoodGreen serves 37,000 individuals from 36 locations in Toronto offering 75 programs each year.
- WoodGreen is a founding United Way of Toronto Anchor Agency.
- WoodGreen has 750 staff and 1,000 volunteers.
- Each year WoodGreen Community Services helps thousands of seniors, their caregivers and older adults with disabilities through programs like Meals on Wheels, social work, transportation services & more.
- WoodGreen helps 2,700 people every year with mental health and developmental challenges through programs like the friendship club, guitar program, lobby drop in program and supported independent living.
- 1,000 people call WoodGreen housing home.
- WoodGreen helps 4,000 people with serious homelessness and housing issues every year.
- Every year, WoodGreen helps more than 8,000 newcomers of all ages make a successful transition into Canadian society through 11 different programs geared at finding sustainable employment, language instruction and settling in Toronto.
- More than 700 children are enrolled in WoodGreen’s 7 child care centres and nursery programs.
- WoodGreen provides enriching, affordable after-school programs to over 120 school-aged children.
- 7,000 job seekers use WoodGreen’s three Employment Resource centres to get help with the job search process including one-on-one resume support, mock interviews, coaching and access to free Internet and computer resources.