WoodGreen’s Walk-in Counselling service provides free, single-session counselling to address a wide range of concerns, such as anxiety, depression, anger management and difficulties with work, school or relationships. We work with clients to identify their most pressing issue and discuss strategies that can lead to positive change. We are looking for professionally trained volunteer therapists to join our team. This is an opportunity for recent graduates to continue to hone their clinical skills.
- Assist in the operation of the Walk-In Counselling Program
- Conduct single sessions with walk-in clients (under supervision)
- Participate in consultation with Supervisor and counsellors about client cases
- Prepare brief training presentations based on evidence-informed practice
- Participate in Advisory Council to address best practices within the Walk-In Counselling Program
What You Bring to the Team:
- Year 1 or 2 students, currently enrolled in one of the following programs MSW, M.Ed., M.A. Couns. Psych.
- Registered with a provincial regulatory college (OCSWSSW, CRPO, CPO)
- Strong theoretical knowledge and clinical skills
- A keen interest in working within a brief, competency-based, collaborative framework
- Fluent in English
- Preferred to be trained in ASIST
- Orientation to WoodGreen’s programs, policies and procedures
- There is a comprehensive screening and training program for all therapists prior to beginning this student role.
- Students are expected to commit to at least 15 hours per week for the winter term (3-4 months)
Number of Openings: 2
- Online Application
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- (2) References check
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.