Our Second Harvest food program is ran weekly at our 49 Mutual St building. The Second Harvest organization truck delivers perishable foods to the building which at this time staff and volunteers will unload food from the truck to the common area of the building. Food is sorted and stored appropriately, then will be set up for distribution. Tenants and clients are informed to come between a specific time slot, at this time food will be distributed.
What you will do:
- Transporting food and goods from the truck to the lounge area
- Unboxing food and storing it in right location
- Setting up food donation area
- Distribution of food to tenants and clients
Location:49 Mutual Street
Qualifications/What you bring to the team:
- Reliable and dependable to show up
- Heavy lifting is required (10-20lbs)
- Interpersonal skills with clients
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Food handling knowledge
Number of Volunteers Required: 2-3 volunteers
Requested availability: 1 or 2 shifts a week (you can discuss in the interview).
Health & Safety Procedures:
- Volunteers will be provided with cloth masks, sanitizer and disposable gloves.
Volunteers should do the COVID-19 self-assessment every day to ensure there are safe.
- Sterling BackCheck or Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Reference Check
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.