- Work within an interdisciplinary team to provide psycho-geriatric screening and crisis support to seniors in crisis in the City of Toronto. Services are delivered in clients’ homes and in community settings.
- Provide short-term intensive case management services to a caseload of clients.
- Assess clients’ issues/needs, make referrals to appropriate resources, and collaborate with agency partners, health care providers, and other resources in the community.
- This is all done with the goal of ensuring a continuum of care for seniors with mental health and substance use issues.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Social Work Program and requiring placement hours.
- Skills in assessment, crisis intervention, supportive counselling, and case management
- Interest and/or experience working with seniors
- Experience supporting individuals with mental health and substance use concerns
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work individually as well as within a team
- 28 hours a week
- 3-month minimum commitment
- WoodGreen location, at 815 Danforth Ave, Toronto
- The Volunteer Services provides orientation training and other career development opportunities
- Cover letter and Resume
- Online Application
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Vaccination receipt
- 2 References
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.