Meal Preparation Assistant
About the position:
WoodGreen’s Drop-in Centre runs a range of activities for adults who feel isolated due to mental health, developmental disabilities, substance use, health issues or street involvement. Groups include women’s beading/jewelry making, a guitar workshop, daily meals and a pet food bank. WoodGreen strives to provide a respectful and fun environment where community members can connect with each other while enjoying themselves.
Volunteers are expected to work at least one shift per week with a minimum 3 month commitment.
WoodGreen’s Drop-in Centre is located at 650 Queen Street East.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepares, serves and cleans up after daily breakfast or lunch.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re seeking:
- Punctual and responsible.
- Meal preparation/cooking skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in team setting.
- Comfortable working with clients from diverse backgrounds including those who may be street involved.
- Orientation to WoodGreen’s programs, policies, and procedures.
There are two shift daily, Monday to Friday with two volunteers needed per shift.
- Breakfast: 7:00am to 10:30am
- Lunch: 10:30am to 2:00pm