Community Connections – French Facilitator
About the position:
WoodGreen’s Community Connections program united newcomers and Internationally Trained Professionals with volunteers rooted in Canadian society. Volunteers help newcomers adapt, settle, and integrate into Canadian culture and workplaces.
- 1 hour per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- On-going communication with program staff.
- Saturday availability (10:00 am to 11:00 am or 11:00 am to 12:00 pm)
Staff support and training will take place at 815 Danforth Avenue. The remainder of this role will take place at various locations in the community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and lead a small French conversation group for newcomers.
- Engage and encourage participants in speaking in French.
- Prepare different topics to increase participants’ knowledge of French Canadian culture.
What’s in it for me?
- Enhance your facilitation and leadership skills
- Build relationships and network with clients and local professionals.
- Fostering your cross-cultural understanding and valuing diversity.
- Helping to build a welcoming society.
- Reinforcing your ability to nurture success in others.
- Orientation to WoodGreen’s programs, policies, and procedures.
What we’re seeking:
- Excellent command of the French language and understanding of French Canadian Culture.
- Patient and interested in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Dependable, self-motivated, ability to facilitate under minimal supervision.
- Personal or professional study/work experience in a French speaking country is an asset, but not required.
- Experience teaching French speaking skills, grammar and vocabulary is an asset.
- Track your volunteering hours on a monthly basis using our volunteer management system.
Shift times will be Saturdays either 10:00am to 11:00am or 11:00am 12:00pm.