Call for Nominees for the WoodGreen Board of Directors
Call for Nominees to the 2020/2021 WoodGreen Community Services Board of Directors Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity?
Have you been yearning to put your experience and talent in strategic thinking, financial accountability, good governance and due diligence oversight to work?
Celebrating its 83rd anniversary, WoodGreen is a founding United Way of Toronto member agency and is one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto. WoodGreen’s 75 programs operate from 36 locations across the city and serve 37,000 people each year. WoodGreen’s 700 staff members and 1000 volunteers help seniors live independently, internationally-trained professionals enter the job market, parents access childcare, children and youth access after-school programs, newcomers settle in to Canadian life, homeless and marginalized people get off the streets and job-seekers find meaningful employment and training.
WoodGreen seeks committed candidates who have a record of:
- Sound judgement
- Experience serving on a Board of Directors of complex, large organizations
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Interest and commitment to participating in the business of the board, regularly and actively
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a collegial fashion, respecting the views of others
Specific and significant experience in the following areas will be a strong asset:
- Direct operational or executive experience in a large complex organization
- Financial and risk analysis
- Government relations
- Labour market and employment development
If you hold yourself to high expectations, you’ll find Board service very rewarding. Directors are expected to:
- Serve for a 3 year term (renewable for a second 3 year term), attending 6 Board meetings annually and the Annual General Meeting
- Actively serve on at least one Board committee, attending 8 committee meetings annually
- Commit to WoodGreen’s mission, vision and values
- Become a member of WoodGreen
- Act as a WoodGreen Ambassador
- Demonstrate support by financial contribution to WoodGreen, in an amount at your discretion
If you are interested in being considered for the WoodGreen Board of Directors, please submit a letter of interest and CV by 5 p.m. on April 9, 2020 to:
Nomination Subcommittee, WoodGreen Governance Committee
c/o Karen Fisher, Executive Assistant
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Board of Director Positions will be filled by election at the September 23, 2020 Annual General Meeting.
WoodGreen welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. In addition, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.