WoodGreen Community Connections (CC) is a program designed to assist newcomers integrate into Canadian society. Mentorship program is a career-focused program that matches experienced newcomers with mentors that have similar professional backgrounds. There have been no in-person networking or other career development opportunities during COVID-19, so the need for mentors who can work with newcomers online has never been greater!
- Provide insight into your industry, Canadian workplace culture and skills like leadership, communication and goal setting.
- Act as a coach by listening, motivating and assisting newcomer professionals with their job search and networking.
- Share information about professional licensing and educational requirements and help explore career paths.
- Attend orientation and mentorship meetings online during the pandemic. How and when you connect with your mentee will be flexible based on what works for you both as pandemic guidelines change.
What You Bring to the Team:
- A commitment of up 18 hours over a 3-month period
- At least 2 years full-time work experience in your profession and in Canadian workplace culture
- Good communication and listening skills, patience, empathy and openness to new cultures
- Access to a computer to connect with WoodGreen staff and your mentee online via email and online video platforms, and to track your hours on our volunteer management system
- Mentors are needed from all professional backgrounds!
- Flexible scheduling depending on client and volunteer availability
- 3-month minimum commitment
- Online background check
- (2) References check