WoodGreen offers seniors integrated care to improve physical, social and mental wellbeing, avoid hospital stays and promote independence and dignity.
What you will do:
Provide support in the following programs in Seniors Apartment setting, in one or two capacities, volunteering applicant can choose one of the tasks or both:
- Monthly Lunch; Lunch Set up the Lunch and provide support such distribute lunch boxes, making coffee and tea, help the seniors to sign in etc.
- Monthly Bingo Program; Call the Bingo and prepare snacks in the Bingo Program
Location: 266 Donlands Avenue, Toronto, ON (Toronto East)
Qualifications/What you bring to the team:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Good communication skills to deal effectively with staff and the public.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups. Basic computer knowledge.
- The volunteer will be an individual who is comfortable with public speaking, customer service orientated, friendly, and outgoing.
- Be comfortable and responsible for Calling bingo games on stage.
- Making announcements to players.
- Prepare refreshments.
Number of Volunteers Required: 2 volunteers
Requested availability: One day or less per week.
- Bingo Caller commitment times: September 18, October 16, November 13, December 11, 2023, times: 12:30 to 3:00 PM
- Lunch Assistant commitment times: September 19, October 17, November 21, December 12, 2023, times: 11:00 to 3:00 PM
Health & Safety Procedures:
- Volunteers will be provided with cloth masks, sanitizer and disposable gloves.
Volunteers should do the COVID-19 self-assessment every day to ensure there are safe.
- Sterling BackCheck or Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Reference Check
- Cover letter and resume
Important Note: while you are filling out the application form, scroll down to the Screening Questions related to the Volunteer role you are applying to. You may skip screening questions related to different roles you are NOT applying to.