Accelerating Possibilities: Creating Sustainable Pathways to Success in a Changing Landscape
Attend an upcoming Information & Intake Session
Take a class
At 815 Danforth Avenue (Danforth between Paper and Donlands)
At 1533 Victoria Park (Victoria Park and Eglinton in Value Village Plaza)
Join us for a class (click a link to learn more and register):
TD’s Accelerating Possibilities by WoodGreen: Creating Sustainable Pathways to Success in a Changing Landscape is a multi-faceted initiative to decrease income volatility and optimize employment for mid-career workers.
Technology change and the rise of the gig economy are leaving many mid-career workers behind, unable to compete successfully for employment opportunities due to missing skills, resources and strategies.
Accelerating Possibilities is a fast, flexible and free program funded by TD Bank.
- Digital skills assessment and training
- Online and classroom courses on digital, financial and job search skills and strategies, including access to thousands of online courses
- Financial support for technology, savings and transportation
- Employment counselling, financial counselling and tax services
Benefits for clients:
- Become more competitive for work that matches their education, experience and salary level
- Gain essential digital skills to:
- Be highly visible and attractive to employers/recruiters online
- Get training and credentials online for free
- Network and build online relationships leading to more opportunities
- Become more financially prepared for gaps in income and work uncertainty
- Understand the gig labour market and digital economy so they can be more effective and successful within it
- Learn to competitively find work through short term jobs (as needed), upskilling and reskilling, gaining experience and promoting themselves more effectively
- Obtain valuable supports for technology, savings and transportation
Program locations: 815 Danforth Ave., 989 Danforth Ave. and 1533 Victoria Park Ave.
Eligibility criteria: Accelerating Possibilities is designed for individuals who are 30-59 years of age; legally able to work in Canada; experienced in office work; looking for an office job, such as in information technology, marketing, sales, administration, finance accounting and customer service; English language level CLB 6-7+; and unemployed or underemployed.
|Financial Empowerment Self-Help Resources||
Resources to help with income tax, budget and money management, savings tools, credit and debt, and bank and financial services.
|Contact for more information|
|Free Income Tax Clinic||
WoodGreen Community Services provides year-round tax clinics for low-income people, including dealing with years past. Appointments are needed, so contact us.
|815 Danforth Avenue|