*** Due to the Covid-19 situation, all Accelerating Possibilities workshops and services are delivered safely online and via phone/video call.
Visit the guide for upcoming workshops and resource sessions:
TD’s Accelerating Possibilities by WoodGreen: Creating Sustainable Pathways to Success in a Changing Landscape is a multi-faceted initiative to decrease income volatility and optimize employment for mid-career workers.
Technology change and the rise of the gig economy are leaving many mid-career workers behind, unable to compete successfully for employment opportunities due to missing skills, resources and strategies. Changes due to the pandemic are making it even more difficult.
Accelerating Possibilities is a fast, flexible and free program funded by TD Bank.
- Digital skills assessment and training
- Online courses on digital, financial and job search skills and strategies, including access to thousands of online courses
- Financial support for technology, savings and transportation
- Employment counselling, financial counselling and tax services
- Access to current information and connection to services to help you and your family cope with the COVID-19 situation
Benefits for clients:
- Become more competitive for work that matches their education, experience and salary level
- Gain essential digital skills to:
- Be highly visible and attractive to employers/recruiters online
- Get training and credentials online for free
- Network and build online relationships leading to more opportunities
- Become more financially prepared for gaps in income and work uncertainty
- Understand the gig labour market and digital economy so they can be more effective and successful within it
- Learn to competitively find work through short term jobs (as needed), upskilling and reskilling, gaining experience and promoting themselves more effectively
- Obtain valuable supports for technology, savings and transportation
Program locations: All program components delivered remotely: online, phone and video call
Eligibility criteria: Accelerating Possibilities is designed for individuals who are:
- 30-59 years of age;
- legally able to work in Canada
- experienced in office work; looking for an office job, such as in information technology, marketing, sales, administration, finance accounting and customer service
- English language level CLB 6-7+
- unemployed or underemployed.
|Employment Training Programs||
WoodGreen Community Services Employment Services Centres offer free services at three locations to anyone looking for work.
|989 Danforth Avenue
1080 Queen Street East
1533 Victoria Park Avenue
|Employment: Digital Tech||
WoodGreen Community Services offers training in Digital Tech to youth interested in entering the industry.
|1533 Victoria Park Avenue|
|Work Initiative Network Program||
The Work Initiative Network (WIN) is a part-time structured employment program to help adults with mental health issues find and maintain meaningful employment.
|East Toronto (Leslieville)|