- Message to WoodGreen’s Community Care Unit Clients & Care Partners (May 2020)
- Message to Partners (March 19, 2020)
Dear WoodGreen Community,
The Government of Ontario has recently released a list of services that are deemed essential, which includes organizations like WoodGreen (#43 & #44).
As an organization deemed essential, we want to make sure that we can provide continuity to our clients, when they need us the most, while taking all possible measures to keep everyone safe.
WoodGreen sites located at 989 Danforth, 1491 Danforth and 1533 Victoria Park are now open for in-person service delivery for youth, newcomer and employment programs. Please contact your counsellor for an appointment or call us at 416-645-6000 ext 1100 to schedule an appointment at any location. Please note that tax clinic appointments continue to be conducted by phone or virtually ONLY.
We are also taking the following measures:
- 815 Danforth will continue to stay open and operating with a small staff to ensure business continuity.
- We will continue to support staff to work from home, if possible. This will be done through the use of virtual software.
- We will work to redeploy staff where possible.
- Our vulnerable clients will continue to receive in-person support either in their homes and at sites like 650 Queen Street and across all of our housing sites. Enhanced safety protocols such as the use of PPE, screening, service prioritization, social distancing and collaboration with care partners will be in place.
WoodGreen understands this is a very difficult time for our community and we are committed to continued efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our WoodGreen family.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to serve our 37,000 clients safely and effectively.
WoodGreen Community Services