First Step to Home (FSTH) is a transitional housing program for men 55 years and older with mental health and/or substance use issues, and a history of homelessness or unstable housing. FSTH includes wrap-around service comprised of housing (furnished bachelor units), counseling and intensive case management, social/independent living skills support, and on-site primary care.
- Transitional housing
- Intensive case management
- Harm reduction and addiction services
- Supportive counselling
- Personal support and homemaking
- Assistance keeping unit clean
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as grocery shopping
- Nursing and medical care
- Life skills development
- Social and recreational activities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support transitioning to permanent housing
- Follow up supports
- Men, 55 years of age and older, with mental health and/or substance use issues who are street involved, homeless and/or have a history of unstable housing.
- Must be interested in transitioning from living on the streets, in shelters, and unstable housing to permanent long term housing in the community.
- Must be interested in being part of a wrap-around program with on-site supports including homemaking, nursing, primary care, case management, social recreational, peer and volunteer.
Affordable housing and wrap around supports on site